Prices from $200K to $300K
2013 Atenas Real Estate Market Update....
By the end of 2011 the Atenas real estate market began to see a strong up swing in home sales. This was especially true of homes priced from $350,000.00 to $500,000.00, which has always been the most active part of our market. By the end of 2012 our inventory was depleted to almost pre-crisis levels (I am referring to the economic crisis that had a huge impact on the United States and Europe), a time when properties were seemingly being sold by the dozen.
Buying or selling a property anywhere can be a challenge if you are on your own. Buying property in Costa Rica has the added considerations of a different system and language from North America, for instance. Although Costa Rica is considered one of the best Latin American countries regarding foreign investment and ownership rights, there are still things to look out for.
Even the savviest home buyer should pause before entering into a real estate deal in a foreign country. There is no way to know everything you need to without years of on-the-ground experience. Whether you are interested in purchasing land, a home, condo or commercial property in Costa Rica, you want to be informed to make the best decisions. This is where you need a professional Costa Rica realtor.
Costa Rica’s real estate market is on the rise again with people heading to the popular Central American country for retirement or a simpler place to live, or to invest in a Costa Rica vacation home or other property investment. The good news is that foreigners can legally own property in Costa Rica.
Do your property homework, and with a good professional realtor by your side, you’ll be enjoying your new home or life adventure in no time.
7 Reasons why you should use a real estate agent in Costa Rica
1) You get access to lots of listings, and someone helping you select the right properties to see based on your requirements and interests. In Costa Rica there is no nationwide MLS (multiple listing service), which is a centralized, national database of all real estate for sale. If you use a professional Costa Rica real estate agency, like Pure Life Development of Atenas, you will have access to a diversified portfolio of properties for sale. They have many properties not yet listed for sale or actively advertised (“pocket listings”).
2) Real estate agents have historic information about a home or property, the location, neighborhood, town and region.
3) Real estate agents can recommend reputable professionals for home and property inspections, and help you to coordinate these.
4) Real estate agents can help you negotiate a fair purchase price, along with financing, terms, date of possession, and the inclusion or exclusion of repairs, furnishings or equipment. Statistics show that realtors can typically negotiate and save you more money than negotiating on your own.
5) Professional real estate agents will work with a reputable lawyer who specializes in real estate transactions and title searches, and is completely bilingual with experience working with foreign clients.
6) A real estate agent can lead you through the closing process and make sure everything flows together smoothly, so that you come to the closing table with no surprises.
7) Working with a professional realtor helps to alleviate much of the stress involved in purchasing a new home or property. A realtor can help you connect utilities, arrange moving services, purchase furniture, and introduce you to the local community, among other things.
In beautiful Atenas, Costa Rica, the real estate agency Pure Life Development of Atenas specializes in Atenas homes for sale, Costa Rica properties for sale and Costa Rica vacation homes.
Costa Rica realtors Dennis Easters and Gerardo Gonzalez-Porras have been successfully helping customers buy and sell real estate in Costa Rica, do land development and home construction in Costa Rica for 10 years. Easters has worked professional in real estate for 22 years and is a licensed realtor from Florida. Both he and Gonzalez-Porras, of Costa Rica, are certified with the Costa Rica Chamber of Real Estate.
They look forward to helping you make your Costa Rica dreams become reality.
Article by Shannon Farley